SuraSafi Platform Evangelist (Marketing Manager)
The Marketing Manager role at SuraSafi is for you, if you are the results-driven marketing professional with a passion for developing and executing channel and field marketing programs. SuraSafi is a social networking website with a variety of consumer services such as email, instant chat, weather, radio, marketplace, advertising, blogging, social bookmarking, video/audio chat, business directory etc. In this newly-created role, you will take point on our channel partner relationships as well as our field marketing effort, directly contributing to our revenue growth. SuraSafi is experiencing tremendous growth and in this role you will have the opportunity to be a key player in accelerating that growth. Join our team today to leverage your marketing expertise within an organization that is changing the way sales organizations do business.
Promote SuraSafi's new social networking platform and all its offline services to all people around the globe by leading the evangelism and community efforts on the platform, and implement high-impact marketing strategies and programs to bring in new users and assuring their social connection success.
The following is a breakdown of your mission as SuraSafi’s Platform Evangelist
Online Community Management
* Responsible for the SuraSafi website; answer questions in the media message boards, discussion forums, and IT conferences/events and online conversations.
* Publish articles, blogs, and effectively use social media and other communication channels. Oversee the exchange and relational program blog and e-mail newsletter.
Evangelism and Grassroots Initiatives
* Drive internal and external awareness and adoption of SuraSafi's platform towards growth and ultimate success of the developer ecosystem.
* Lead community/grassroots marketing outreach, raise awareness of SuraSafi's platform offering; communicate SuraSafi's outreach strategy by establishing a program, successfully managing and running Hack events, Developers Conference and meet ups. Also responsible for planning and selecting content for these events.
Influencer Engagement and Marketing
* Develop influencer marketing strategy, including outreach and engagement with leading tech bloggers, event sponsorship strategy, and content and communication strategy for influencer-focused launches, stewardship and support of blogging on the new platform. Also developing strategic partnerships with key media influencers.
* Passionate to help people inside and outside of SuraSafi understand the online media/internet, technology landscape and developer community, and how SuraSafi can and should participate in it.
* Can effectively establish and execute marketing programs.
As SuraSafi's Marketing Manager, based in our Nairobi headquarters, your mission will be:
* Creating, planning and realizing marketing activities for the Kenya market, particularly community outreach, building public relations and media partnerships as well as organize event participation.
* Create, execute, and manage a wide variety of channel partner programs and field marketing events.
* Drawing on your background you will take point on managing our channel community, including partner onboarding and running collaborative marketing programs to increase revenue.
* Manage our field sales programs such as breakfast seminars, networking receptions, webinars, trade shows, and more, so your proven track record of event coordination and logistics will be critical to your success.
* Your polished and professional communication style will be key when writing marketing collateral and outbound communication and acting as the face of SuraSafi at industry events.
* A willingness, or eagerness, to travel will put you at the head of the pack as we plan events all across the nation.
* Plan and execute marketing strategies and tactical initiatives as part of the overall marketing plan, including brand management and development; customer acquisition planning (advertising & media planning; lead generation; etc); and corporate marketing
* Work in partnership with Director of Product Development and his team on joint efforts around product launches, marketing programs.
* Evaluate changes to the marketplace and the industry and adjust the marketing plan accordingly
* Maintain and enhance the quality and profitability of the marketing plan through the development of marketable, operationally feasible and cost-effective advertising and promotional efforts
* Continuously scan competitive environment
* Manage creative development for print, web and other collateral
* Branding: Work with marketing team in development of corporate branding and messaging for various business units
* Develop and execute strategic plan for all external events, including trade shows and other event sponsorships
* Must be self-motivated, articulate, and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Extremely proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented start-up environment.
* Strategic thinker who’s ready to roll up their sleeves to get stuff done – on time, under budget, and in a way that exceeds expectations
* Exceptional budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills
* Strong planning, organizing and executing skills including the ability to manage outside agencies as well as leverage internal resources not under your direct authority
* Possess a commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics
* Ability in dealing with ambiguity in a dynamic environment in order to see the big picture and take a long-range perspective on problems, decisions, situations and events with the flexibility to adapt to the evolution of the marketplace
* Must be able to lead and inspire others to follow
* Understanding of Internet, web 2.0, blogging, social networking paradigms and concepts a plus
* Understanding of the Kenya market and media a plus
Independent thinker a plus
* Passionate about technology and emerging web trends
* 1+ years of relevant experience in the software/information industry (internet, Web 2.0, community management, web applications etc.).
* 2+ years in marketing environment will be an added advantage.
* At least 1 year in platform evangelist/community driven initiatives role with some web development background.
* Has a very strong technical understanding of social media, social networking and web applications and can articulate to the 3rd party developer community through online and direct communication channels.
* A diploma/degree or equivalent (business, marketing, engineering, or computer science).
* Background of working with research/academic community a big plus.
You only need a CV (focusing on marketing and online experience) and your 10 most favorite web links with a brief explanation of each.
Send your CVs (soft copy) to email@example.com. Deadline currently not inherent if you are viewing this page.
If you have any questions, please contact us
Page has been viewed 30 times..